You’re giving the money to the wrong people.These guys take home $300M, no wonder they’re not bothered. But the solution is here: Pay off the debts of everyone else.
Why? Follow these steps:
- I’m in debt too!
- Nobody gives me credit anymore.
- I’m cutting down on my spending.
- Consumer spending keeps the economy afloat
- My debt is a lot less than the banks’ and I haven’t “leveraged” it against anything
- Millions of other people in the UK are in the same boat
- There’s no point guaranteeing our savings, you need to get us spending again
If the UK government and the Bank of England are going to keep handing over chunks of £40 billion in public funds to the banks because they don’t trust each other any more, then the least they can do is pass me £20,000 to get me economically active again, no?
OK, so it might cost the GRI a new dialysis machine, but the economy will be saved!